Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fishes



one of the things I remember and miss is my family's koi pond when I was a teen ager. We each had one that we felt represented ourselves. Mine reminded me of Cleo, from Pinocchio. Being a pisces, I've always felt close to anything that involves water and watching them swim around when I was younger helped me day dream. My dream is to have a koi pond again.

I love the variety of shimmery colors they come in, that they symbolize friendship and love, and the fact that they grow as large as their tank will allow, sometimes reaching in the feet.

They can adapt and survive many climates and conditions, live for centuries, and you can even train them to take food from your hand!

Hands down, the easiest and prettiest pet to have. So be kind and click on my pond to feed my fish, they'll love you forever for it.

I'll leave you with a little folklore:


The Legend of the Rainbow River
Japanese legend has it that every year thousands of Koi, a courageous, strong, and dedicated fish, make a perilous and difficult journey up the Rainbow (or Dragon) river. 
Out of perhaps a million Koi, only once in many years, one Koi is dedicated and strong enough to swim all the way to the head of the river, known as "The Dragon Gate" (or "The Rainbow Gate") and leap from the water. 
He is transformed into a dragon. This tattoo tells the story of this little Koi's journey. Up the inside of the collector's calf swims the determined little fish. Against all odds he reaches the head of the River and leaps from the water. Above the metaphorical Dragon's Gate of the collector's knee, the koi-fish begins his transformation mid leap, becoming a Koi-dragon, before continuing down the outside of the collector's calf as a full fledged dragon.

2 comments: