Friday, June 25, 2010

I'm Baaaaack!

 "Girl! Where you been? Where you been hiding?!" 
were the first words I heard when I came back to work at the club a couple of weeks ago. I knew what to expect that 'first day' back and the week that followed. Me, answering the same, evasive question from a bunch of strangers. I can't even remember who it was that started asking, in my opinion, the dumbest, and out of place question ever. Not because I was being asked in front of some of the nosiest people in a volume that demanded attention, but because it was coming from people who I knew couldn't care less what I had been up to the past six months. They were asking to simply...be nosy.
I've noticed that the reasons why people enter the adult industry vary greatly. It amazes me sometimes the severity or frivolousness the circumstances are, and I know my story is my own, so I try not to judge anyones situation. During my time in various clubs I've witnessed the ups and downs of the money flow, am aware of the trade off there is to live a socialite's life, and have seen many people during their own evolution. Of coming from a child in the world, to full grown women, with families and real issues. I remember the girls who travel during the "off season" or find themselves in relationships,and they choose to take a break...but eventually come back. One thing that I can say about this whole world of glamour and celebrity, is that its taxing. On your body as well as your spirit. And sometimes, the money, lifestyle, and high expectations from others becomes     too      much.
 I take breaks whenever I notice a change in myself. When my light hearted-ness turns into harsh sarcasm, or my appreciation for things isn't where I feel it should be, I take my position on the bench gracefully. And enter a new game. I don't think that after I saved up, started a lucrative business, and retired early, I could buy a fresh outlook on life. The money isn't worth me not being able to enjoy simple things. 
It used to bother me when others around me would give their smart ass comments, but they're also the same people who now ask me the steps I to to get out of a spoiled routine or are doing the same things as me. it should make me feel good to be able to be smug, but honestly I'm just glad that they're either doing something that they feel better doing, or at least has got the process started with a thought.
Its just another hustle. A means to an end, that I don't think ANY of us give up 100% as long as we're still in decent shape. Lol. My battery is recharged and it makes me happy to be able to take care of myself. Don't call it a comeback, just because I came back...I'm just doing what makes $ense!

1 comment:

  1. As long as you good at what you do and you enjoy it then I say why not make money doing that. Sounds less stressful with better pay.

    ReplyDelete