Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bad Girls do Bad Things

"I might be bad but I'm perfectly good at it!" -S&M
Every once in a while, I fall weak and peruse page six and..... to no surprise the fickleness of Hollywood's heart is on the move once again. One thing that has always boggled me when it comes to Hollywood relationships is how quickly they are formed and progressed. Celebs switch out lovers like fitted caps and are not thought any less of. Let a 'regular' chick make the same move and she has "smashed the homies" and is made to seem to be of lower caliber. But I digress...
Apparently, after the recent collaboration of 'Whats My Name' the "bad girl" and the Canadian prince have been spotted in bowling alleys and clubs snuggled; a public couple.
This is a situation that has been reported to be going on for a while, despite Rihanna's recent relationship with Matt Kemp. 
Matt Kemp
Now, I have to say: I am no close friend of Rihanna, Drake, or Matt Kemp, and I don't keep up with industry gossip. Therefore I don't know the ins nor outs of other people's fast paced lives, all I am is a purveyor of information who doesn't claim to know it all. 
I can't help but be familiar with the majority of Drake's work, but I took special time to catch up with Ri Ri. Her new album is called 'Loud' and the tone of it matches her well chosen hair color. Home girl is out for blood! With titles like 'Man Down', 'S&M', and 'Raining Men', listeners can get the jest of the pop stars mind state. She has officially joined the ranks of damaged women around the globe, finding comfort being cynical; despite her efforts to "find love". The lyrics ooze with ruthlessness and a craving of mind control over her counter part. She's gone bad, remember? Dismissing poor Matt with a simple text message saying simply that it wasn't going to work out after almost a year of dating, she's swiftly closing in on one of the biggest stars in music right now. As an opinionated woman who likes to blog, I have to stay true to my journalistic heart and not include my opinions. But if 'Loud' were a personal ad, it would probably read something like this:

Can You Be My Slave?
22F seeking a male who loves the beach and NYC hot spots. Must have little to no ambition since random travel is involved. I'm looking for someone with the body of an athlete and who is into role play. I want to play hacky sack with your brain, and have your heart for dessert. Must provide a lock of hair and vial of blood. contact me @ rihannasslave@gmail.com


Never the less, the innocence of courting makes this video "cute". While Drake's position appears to be completely smitten, Rihanna seems.... calculating. I hope Drake knows what he's doing...

2 comments:

  1. You're right. The average female has to deal with double-standards that their celeb counterparts don't have to deal with. I think the public looks at it as that celebs are almost in a high school type of atmosphere where "trying" each other out is an ok thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. money makes the "bullshit" walk i guess. lol. but i has so much influence on people's perception. i think other qualities that you can't buy should hold more weight.

    ReplyDelete