Monday, December 13, 2010

NO H8

Photobucket
Steve-O for NO H8


NO GAY MARRIAGE!!! 

But for real, who the fuck cares? If a grown man or woman falls in love with the same sex who are we to get in the way of their happiness? Seeing how they're not hurting anyone or themselves, they're not holding back from uncle Sam... what's the beef? "Well, what about morals?" "What about the children?" What about all the children who are in unstable heterosexual households? What about the people who go to church on Sunday but lie, cheat, and steal during the week? Are we really that afraid of a lifestyle that is only different behind closed doors?

 As a freshman in college, homosexuality intrigued me. My colleagues were so obsessed with the boys who had a light switch in their hips...
Knowing that one of my favorite cousins is gay, and he's never done anything "bad", I couldn't just jump on the bandwagon, being judgmental to what I didn't know, so I investigated. As my intro to psych term paper, I chose to write on these persecuted people. The new blacks. My findings were interesting and supported the concept that this preference is determined when you're born. Hormones levels of estrogen and testosterone are either balanced, or unbalanced causing sexual preference. Period. I don't know what to say about the folks who dabble with both, but for the little boys and girls who knew what they liked, knew from jump. Not by being abused or traumatized, but simply because they were born. 

No H8 was established November 4, 2008 by celebrity photographer Adam Bouska, after the passing of proposition 8; banning same sex marriages in California. It is supported by numerous celebrities and others by posing in Bouska's signature NO H8 photo series. We as a nation have taking hating to a whole other level and are passing it onto our children. Young people are committing suicide and horrible crimes against each other as early as elementary school. An issue that I think needs a little more attention than who's doing who...

Happiness is deserved and reserved for everyone, so let them have it. At least it takes away the fear of "them" hitting on you!


get help from bully's:




1 comment:

  1. I have different views on this topic.

    As a Christian I don't aknowledge a same sex marriages since God doesn't. It's a holy thing. Yada yada.

    As a human I could care less if 2 women marry or 2 men marry. It doesn't effect my life inn anyway unless one of the participants are downlow and happen to have an std and also happens to come in contact with someone I am with. That's A LOT of ifs so in the end... still don't care lol.

    As a man. I love me some lesbians. Such a beautiful thing to see 2 attractive ladies loving each other. Perv moment.. sorry lol. However I'm not homophobic like a lot of dudes are. I don't jump and get all grossed out by the site of 2 men kissing. It doesn't change my sexuality to see such a thing and I guess I'm open minded enough to not feel uncomfortable no more than a hetero couple kissing. BTW I kinda do get a lil uncomfortable around hetero couples kissing. Child-like mentality I guess.

    Lastly, which i think is THE most important part; Money! The government and a lot of people could care less what goes on in the privacy of people's homes but once a gay couple decides to have marriage rights (tax cuts) it ruffles a lot of feathers. With that point I still don't care lol. However if it's about adding a spouse onto insurance or a tax break does it really matter to be married in the government sense. People can make their own covenant with each other to be together forever w/o a marriage license or God's aknowledgement. Friends do it all the time.

    With that said I do feel same sex marriages should be allowed but I don't feel strongly enough to protest for that right for others. Not strong enough to say "icky.. gay people.. no don't get married" either lol.

    ReplyDelete