Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dream Deferred

                                           Photobucket

So I had mentioned a few posts ago that I was going on an extended vacation to a secret location. Lol. I know, so dramatic right? I'm supposed to be working, lounging in a beach chair, smoking exotic weed  
           right  
                                      now! 
But for circumstances that are out of my control, that isn't possible so....
it's onto plan D suppose, lol. I'm human. And I can't lie, I had an army of emotions hit me when I found out, hours before I was supposed to be a mile in the air that I can't execute the plans I had been putting together for a while now. The Pisces in me can't help to dream almost constantly. If I never did, the things that I accomplished wouldn't be. When I heard that I had an opportunity to work on an island, I was absolutely geeked. Being young with no kids, I considered this the perfect time to venture out and add some seasoning to this woman. My mind started going in the mode of "what's next" and I had no choice but to wait, until I could make my dreams reality.
I have a complex about time, and I'm honestly tired of sitting on my hands waiting for something to come to pass. There's a misconception going around that time is worth less than money. It seems like losing people in your life, either to bullshit or death, most have learned no lesson. But it's in those moments when we realize that time is precious and should be held with the highest regard. I've lost more people in my life than I would like to admit and with my 91 year old grandmother's failing health, I could care less the amount of money that people want to bring up in order to keep me in check. Within my circle, there are a few people hanging in the balance; at the mercy of insincere people who want to play games. My poor Han... goes through this shit on a daily basis with a part-time manager who would rather stall his advancement as an artist, than to be honest about intentions. What most fail to realize though, is that there are a million and one routes a person can take, to get to their destination. One person doesn't play "savior", holding some one's fate in their hands.

For the millionth time: blessings don't come from man, we're just the tools that are used for others to receive them. It's a shame that so many go through so much to hold someone back or down, instead of trying to build them up.

If you're someone who is currently dealing with a dream or plans that are on hold, find comfort in knowing that it's not over! The show must go on, so use that gorgeous brain of yours and take control of your life. Surrounding yourself with people who care enough to keep you encouraged and motivated. And don't stop dreaming, cause they fuel your reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment